Utah basketball: Utes focused on rebounding in home finale
That’s because Utah faces more size ahead. Next week’s opponents California (36.5 rpg) and Stanford (36.1 rpg) also rebound well.
“I think it’s kind of like one of the staples that we’re going to have to start focusing on, make it pretty consistent,” Krystkowiak said. “But I think it’s important to try to win every rebounding matchup regardless of who it is you’re playing.”
And with UCLA being the only team other than Colorado to break through and outrebound Utah last month, Krystkowiak said it’s something that the Utes have focused on pretty well.
Now, though, the stakes are raised as teams jockey for seeding position in next month’s Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas. Utah would obviously benefit greatly from ending the season on a roll — adding successful outcomes against Colorado, California and Stanford to Sunday’s lopsided win over Arizona State.
“In a lot of games, whoever wins the rebounding war wins the game,” Loveridge said. “I feel like if we can be close to or win the rebounding wars in these three games, we should come out with a victory.”
EXTRA STUFF: Departing seniors Renan Lenz and Xan Ricketts will be honored in pregame ceremonies. The Marriott Library’s special collections department and Utah athletics have teamed up to post photographs of historic teams, coaches, venues, fans, players and champions in the Huntsman Center concourse for the game. Colorado leads the all-time series with Utah, 25-16.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 71
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 26
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14