Utah basketball: Utes focused on rebounding in home finale
That’s because Utah faces more size ahead. Next week’s opponents California (36.5 rpg) and Stanford (36.1 rpg) also rebound well.
“I think it’s kind of like one of the staples that we’re going to have to start focusing on, make it pretty consistent,” Krystkowiak said. “But I think it’s important to try to win every rebounding matchup regardless of who it is you’re playing.”
And with UCLA being the only team other than Colorado to break through and outrebound Utah last month, Krystkowiak said it’s something that the Utes have focused on pretty well.
Now, though, the stakes are raised as teams jockey for seeding position in next month’s Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas. Utah would obviously benefit greatly from ending the season on a roll — adding successful outcomes against Colorado, California and Stanford to Sunday’s lopsided win over Arizona State.
“In a lot of games, whoever wins the rebounding war wins the game,” Loveridge said. “I feel like if we can be close to or win the rebounding wars in these three games, we should come out with a victory.”
EXTRA STUFF: Departing seniors Renan Lenz and Xan Ricketts will be honored in pregame ceremonies. The Marriott Library’s special collections department and Utah athletics have teamed up to post photographs of historic teams, coaches, venues, fans, players and champions in the Huntsman Center concourse for the game. Colorado leads the all-time series with Utah, 25-16.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes outlast weather delay en route to 26-10...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33