4-year-old fashion designer creates dresses with mom out of paper
Mayhem Keiser hasn't even made it to kindergarten, yet she has received so much attention for her fashion designs online, even Vera Wang would be proud.
Angie Keiser says her 4-year-old daughter has always loved to play dress up, but it wasn't until one day when she suggested Mayhem make a dress out of paper that she really started to show her interest in design.
"It has been a lot of fun to watch. She has learned that when you put the pieces flat next to each other, they won’t work. [She knows that] to fit around your waist, you have to lay it at an angle,” Keiser told the "Today" show.
"She could lay out construction paper right now and tape it all together into a dress. She knows how many pieces she needs for a top and bottom."
Although Mayhem is not Keiser's daughter's real name, what started out as a family nick-name has stuck as her 4-year-old's online pseudonym. In an interview with Mommy Shorts, Keiser expressed how she continues to be impressed by Mayhem's abilities.
"The ideas are pretty much a 50/50 split, but Mayhem constructs a lot more than most people would probably believe," Keiser said.
"That's one of the best things about this project, I see her learning new skills every single day."
Many have asked if the mother-daughter duo has continued to stick to solely paper in their designs.
"Most of the time. We use a lot of construction paper, but we also use tissue paper, wrapping paper and gift bags," Keiser told Mommy Shorts.
"We have also used silk scarves, tulle and aluminum foil. Basically, if we can find it lying around the house and it's pliable, it's fair game."
Keiser, who works as a photographer, began posting the pictures of their designs on her blog and Instagram account months ago. Both have continued to gain attention and fans, as Keiser's Instagram account has more than 210,000 followers as of Friday.
Many of Mayhem's ideas come from dresses that celebrities have worn on the red carpet or at award shows. Others mimic popular Disney icons, such as Snow White and Minnie Mouse.
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Playing favorites can increase the chance a...
- Mom calls out Toys R Us for selling fake...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives money to...
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge... 8
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- This type of high school can increase... 6
- Bound together: marriage rates and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: Ellen DeGeneres gives... 5
- Can too many dating options be a... 5
- Watch live: Wheatley conference on family 4
- Christian ministers sue city over... 4