Book review: 'A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection' is a sweet album of stories
Deseret News archives
"A TIMELESS ROMANCE ANTHOLOGY: Love Letter Collection," by Annette Lyon, Karey White, Krista Jensen, Diane Darcy, Sarah M. Eden and Heather B. Moore and Nancy Campbell Allen, Mirror Press, $4.99, 215 pages (f)
Six mistresses of writing with Utah connections have fashioned a new assortment of romantic novellas in the growing album of Timeless Romance Anthology creations. “A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection,” released in late January, contains six romantic tales, three contemporary and three historical, woven around the idea of love letters.
Anthology veterans and award-winning authors Heather Moore, Sarah Eden and Annette Lyon have coupled their works with the creative and amorous stylings of Karey White, Lynne Jensen and Diane Darcy. Each work carries its own tone and distinctive angle on the love letter idea, but the thread of those letters in each story ties the collection together.
Within the works, some of the love letters highlight hidden affection between the characters while other letters emerge from the past to draw present day romantics into a starry-eyed message from long ago. Every story winds its way around an endearing couple that must overcome difficult obstacles in order to follow their hearts.
With some romances born of long friendships slowly spun into something more and some love-at-first-sight-style narratives, the collection offers many different glimpses of love. Characters come together in the parched Arizona desert as well as in the lush countryside of England. Affections are born following the passing of a loved one or across newly laid railroad ties.
Because each piece is authored by a different creator, the collection as a whole feels fresh and new. Although this work is the sixth book of the Timeless Romance Anthology series, it still has a crisp quality and carries a life of its own.
These stories are clean and free of foul language or coarse sexual content as the physical romances don't go beyond kissing.
“A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection” is available in e-book format, as are the previous works in the collection. The next offering, “A Timeless Romance Anthology: Old West Collection,” is scheduled to be released in May.
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children who lives in West Valley City, Utah. Her email is email@example.com and she blogs about her adventures in motherhood at demouxfamily.blogspot.com.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2