Westminster track: Oliver Lange qualifies for the NAIA Indoor National Championships
Oliver Lange of the Westminster College men’s indoor track and field team has officially qualified for the 3,000 meter run at the NAIA Indoor Track and Field National Championships, the national office announced Friday. Lange becomes the first male Griffin to qualify for the indoor event and just the second Westminster athlete ever to qualify for the NAIA indoor meet.
The 2014 Indoor National Championships will take place from March 6-8 at the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio. The 3,000 meter run is scheduled to begin at 12:20 p.m. MST on March 8.
Lange qualified for the event by posting a school-record time of 8:41.98 at the Boise State Challenge on Feb. 15. He beat his personal-best by almost seven seconds in that race to get under the qualifying mark. Lange will enter the race ranked 38th in the event.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35