Sam Penrod, Deseret News
VERNAL — Ashley National Forest is reviewing recreation facilities for decommissioning on the Vernal and Flaming Gorge ranger districts and is holding public meetings to seek public input.
Many facilities now face backlogged maintenance needs, leading to a reduction in the forest’s ability to provide quality recreational facilities for public use, according to a press release.
Locations being reviewed are Upper Marsh Creek, Long Park, Greendale Campground, Antelope Flat Campground, Skull Creek Campground, Oaks Park Campground, Red Canyon Campground, Sheep Creek Bay Campground, Red Spring Campground, Kaler Hollow, Navajo Cliff Picnic Site and Lucerne Group Campground.
A goal of the process is to identify structures that are not sustainable and make a decision that reduces the recreational infrastructure and aligns with current and projected budget and personnel levels.
There will be four public meetings to discuss the proposed action.
The meetings are: March 13, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Daggett County Office Building, 95 N. 100 West, Manila; March 14, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Duchesne County Building, 734 N. Center, Duchesne; March 19, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Uintah Applied Technology Campus, 450 N. 2000 West, Vernal; and March 20, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dutch John Community Center, 530 South Blvd., Dutch John.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- DWR eyeing minor changes to cougar, bobcat hunt
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14