Sam Penrod, Deseret News
VERNAL — Ashley National Forest is reviewing recreation facilities for decommissioning on the Vernal and Flaming Gorge ranger districts and is holding public meetings to seek public input.
Many facilities now face backlogged maintenance needs, leading to a reduction in the forest’s ability to provide quality recreational facilities for public use, according to a press release.
Locations being reviewed are Upper Marsh Creek, Long Park, Greendale Campground, Antelope Flat Campground, Skull Creek Campground, Oaks Park Campground, Red Canyon Campground, Sheep Creek Bay Campground, Red Spring Campground, Kaler Hollow, Navajo Cliff Picnic Site and Lucerne Group Campground.
A goal of the process is to identify structures that are not sustainable and make a decision that reduces the recreational infrastructure and aligns with current and projected budget and personnel levels.
There will be four public meetings to discuss the proposed action.
The meetings are: March 13, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Daggett County Office Building, 95 N. 100 West, Manila; March 14, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Duchesne County Building, 734 N. Center, Duchesne; March 19, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Uintah Applied Technology Campus, 450 N. 2000 West, Vernal; and March 20, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dutch John Community Center, 530 South Blvd., Dutch John.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13