Sam Penrod, Deseret News
VERNAL — Ashley National Forest is reviewing recreation facilities for decommissioning on the Vernal and Flaming Gorge ranger districts and is holding public meetings to seek public input.
Many facilities now face backlogged maintenance needs, leading to a reduction in the forest’s ability to provide quality recreational facilities for public use, according to a press release.
Locations being reviewed are Upper Marsh Creek, Long Park, Greendale Campground, Antelope Flat Campground, Skull Creek Campground, Oaks Park Campground, Red Canyon Campground, Sheep Creek Bay Campground, Red Spring Campground, Kaler Hollow, Navajo Cliff Picnic Site and Lucerne Group Campground.
A goal of the process is to identify structures that are not sustainable and make a decision that reduces the recreational infrastructure and aligns with current and projected budget and personnel levels.
There will be four public meetings to discuss the proposed action.
The meetings are: March 13, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Daggett County Office Building, 95 N. 100 West, Manila; March 14, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Duchesne County Building, 734 N. Center, Duchesne; March 19, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Uintah Applied Technology Campus, 450 N. 2000 West, Vernal; and March 20, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., Dutch John Community Center, 530 South Blvd., Dutch John.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 29
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18