Former Ute offensive lineman Jordan Gross announced his retirement from the NFL's Carolina Panthers Wednesday.
He got a special treat from his teammates at his announcement. Fellow offensive lineman Ryan Kalil led a quartet in serenading Gross, and the song included the phrase “try and not get fat while in retirement.”
Gross, along with former Ute players Steve Smith and Star Lotulelei, helped lead the Panthers to a 12-5 overall record this season and a first-round bye in the playoffs.
Follow Trent on Twitter @TheRealTrento.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20