Concerning President Obama using executive orders to accomplish his goals:
I think it is interesting that he has decided to use it almost as a threat. However, if he wants to get anything strong passed in the gridlocked congress then this may be a solution.
The executive privilege has been utilized in the past to accomplish many presidents’ agendas, especially when congress is in deadlock. So I think it is good that the president wants to get things done.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: The dangers of unilateral debt...
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19