Concerning President Obama using executive orders to accomplish his goals:
I think it is interesting that he has decided to use it almost as a threat. However, if he wants to get anything strong passed in the gridlocked congress then this may be a solution.
The executive privilege has been utilized in the past to accomplish many presidents’ agendas, especially when congress is in deadlock. So I think it is good that the president wants to get things done.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27