Concerning President Obama using executive orders to accomplish his goals:
I think it is interesting that he has decided to use it almost as a threat. However, if he wants to get anything strong passed in the gridlocked congress then this may be a solution.
The executive privilege has been utilized in the past to accomplish many presidents’ agendas, especially when congress is in deadlock. So I think it is good that the president wants to get things done.
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 39
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23