Concerning President Obama using executive orders to accomplish his goals:
I think it is interesting that he has decided to use it almost as a threat. However, if he wants to get anything strong passed in the gridlocked congress then this may be a solution.
The executive privilege has been utilized in the past to accomplish many presidents’ agendas, especially when congress is in deadlock. So I think it is good that the president wants to get things done.
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: Mayor Biskupski deserves to build...
- Richard Davis: Why do I serve?
- In our opinion: National security and... 74
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 54
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 30
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 28
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: Coal and job creation 18