Responding to concerns about the gas tax (“Per-gallon tax outdated” Feb. 25). The math is current, reliable and miraculously accounts for vehicle mileage and weight.
Your Prius driven 3,000 miles at 50 mpg requires 60 gallons of gas, costing you $0.24 per gallon or $14.40 in gas tax. My Escalade, driven 60,000 miles at 15 mpg, requires 4,000 gallons of gas, costing me the same $0.24 per gallon or $960.00 in gas tax. No need to weigh cars or measure emissions, which would be another tax.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27