Responding to concerns about the gas tax (“Per-gallon tax outdated” Feb. 25). The math is current, reliable and miraculously accounts for vehicle mileage and weight.
Your Prius driven 3,000 miles at 50 mpg requires 60 gallons of gas, costing you $0.24 per gallon or $14.40 in gas tax. My Escalade, driven 60,000 miles at 15 mpg, requires 4,000 gallons of gas, costing me the same $0.24 per gallon or $960.00 in gas tax. No need to weigh cars or measure emissions, which would be another tax.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- In our opinion: The Scots have set an example...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who... 24
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19