Young also feels that young men need these principles now more than ever as a "generation of firsts." He cited research that discusses that the rising generation is the first generation to see domestic terrorism, to compete in a global economy and to grow up with the majority living in a single-parent home.
Young shared that ideally young people would learn values from family, school, a church and media, but the reality is these opportunities are often unavailable. Young saw the need for something to fill this gap, and now he's out to see if there's a want. According to feedback, the want is out there.
"It's about time for a show that glorifies dignity, honor, kindness and education, and is cool enough to want to watch every episode. I'd like to see this happen. So many TV shows basically make it seem normal for a dude to be selfish, compromise his morals and disrespect women," Aaron McCausland commented on the Kickstarter page.
Although Young is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the principles the show teaches aren't rooted in any one religion, but can be applicable to families of all backgrounds.
Young told a story of a woman without a religious affiliation who, like many parents, wants her son to learn the principles of honor. However, she felt that these principles are often taught in religious settings. She told Young how excited she was to see this opportunity for people of all backgrounds to encourage honorable living in young men.
The pilot season will consist of five 20-minute episodes to be released in September. The show encourages teens to watch the show with an "Honor Mentor," making mentoring an important part of the learning process.
Overall, Young emphasized his belief in the power of young men to become great and the responsibility society has to help them.
"There is no such thing as a bad boy," he said. "If (young men) are getting into bad things and doing (bad) things, it is because we are misguiding them. It's about time they had media that helped build them up, and 'Honor Park' is ready to do that."
Visit the "Honor Park" Kickstarter page to back the project.
- Avoid giving your baby this food that may...
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target over...
- The effects of spanking children may surprise...
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a mom...
- UTubers: Kalani Sitake, Al Fox Carraway...
- Dave Ramsey says: When to buy a better car
- How social media can make us question our...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 86
- The benefits some families see from... 16
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a... 15
- The effects of spanking children may... 13
- Suicide rates spike in adolescent... 10
- ... 7
- How social media can make us question... 3
- Families need to know of dying decision... 3