Utahn Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' live during sing-along on 'Good Morning America'
Good Morning America
On Wednesday morning, Utahn Lexi Walker, 11, was featured on "Good Morning America" during a live sing-along of "Let It Go" in Times Square.
Several covers of the popular song from "Frozen" were featured along with live video feeds from groups around the world. The segment began with a live shot of Broadway star and Tony Award-winning artist Idina Menzel, the voice of Elsa, who kicked off the song with the cast of "If/Then."
The video then cut to Times Square where Lexi, along with two other soloists, joined in and were backed by the New York City Children’s Chorus.
Throughout the song, multiple participants were shown including a children's group at Walt Disney World, a gospel choir from Little Rock, Ark., and a group at the Roy E. Disney Animation Building in Burbank, Calif.
Friends and family cheered Lexi on, and her school district gave her a shout-out on Twitter.
Earlier this month, Lexi was featured in a "Let It Go" cover with Alex Boyé that has been viewed more than 19 million times on YouTube.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Dear Dad, you’re doing it all wrong (a...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Southern California conference... 13
- Pornography addiction: another reason... 11
- Erin Stewart: Is free-range parenting... 8
- The U.S. could do much more for abused... 7
- The Clean Cut: New BMW i3 Super Bowl ad... 2
- From the Homefront: The good game:... 2
- Emma Watson to star in live-action... 1