Utahn Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' live during sing-along on 'Good Morning America'
Good Morning America
On Wednesday morning, Utahn Lexi Walker, 11, was featured on "Good Morning America" during a live sing-along of "Let It Go" in Times Square.
Several covers of the popular song from "Frozen" were featured along with live video feeds from groups around the world. The segment began with a live shot of Broadway star and Tony Award-winning artist Idina Menzel, the voice of Elsa, who kicked off the song with the cast of "If/Then."
The video then cut to Times Square where Lexi, along with two other soloists, joined in and were backed by the New York City Children’s Chorus.
Throughout the song, multiple participants were shown including a children's group at Walt Disney World, a gospel choir from Little Rock, Ark., and a group at the Roy E. Disney Animation Building in Burbank, Calif.
Friends and family cheered Lexi on, and her school district gave her a shout-out on Twitter.
Earlier this month, Lexi was featured in a "Let It Go" cover with Alex Boyé that has been viewed more than 19 million times on YouTube.
- Millennials plan to trade kids for careers...
- 'The Avengers' was almost rated R
- Viral video: Mom gives 3-year-old a chance to...
- Missing heroines: Why Hollywood believes only...
- Teen with traumatic brain injury making...
- Value Speak: The real St. Patrick's Day
- Why breastfed babies are so smart
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- 'The Avengers' was almost rated R 9
- Target apologizes, takes down images of... 7
- Why breastfed babies are so smart 7
- Is 'The Lego Movie' anti-capitalist? 6
- In the Whirled: Has Pinterest sapped... 5
- Steve Eaton: Rare purchase on eBay... 4
- Millennials plan to trade kids for... 3
- Missing heroines: Why Hollywood... 3