SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the death of Judge Anthony Quinn.
The nominees for the vacancy are Gregory N. Hoole, partner, Hoole & King; Richard D. McKelvie, assistant U.S. attorney for Utah; Sally B. McMinimee, shareholder, Prince Yeates & Geldzahler; Kara L. Pettit, shareholder, Snow, Christensen & Martineau; and Michael E. Postma, Salt Lake County deputy district attorney.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at firstname.lastname@example.org or Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on March 6.
The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 3rd District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- Body found near Jordan River trail in Salt...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 49
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 47
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15