POCATELLO, Idaho — The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of those responsible for vandalizing three LDS meetinghouses.
Sometime between the evening of Nov. 6 through the morning of Nov. 7, three meetinghouses from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chubbuck, Idaho, outside of Pocatello, were tagged with graffiti.
The FBI classified the incident as a "hate crime" in a news release due to some of the threatening messages that were spray painted on the buildings, including, "Brigham Young was a rapist," "Die Mormons, "You will pay for what you have done," "brainwashers," and "Burn in Hell."
"The subject(s) also drew several inverted crosses on the church buildings and around the church grounds," according to a statement from the FBI on Wednesday.
Anyone with information can call the FBI in Boise at 208-344-7843, the Chubbuck Police Department at 208-237-7172, or the FBI in Salt Lake City at 801-579-1400.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12