POCATELLO, Idaho — The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of those responsible for vandalizing three LDS meetinghouses.
Sometime between the evening of Nov. 6 through the morning of Nov. 7, three meetinghouses from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chubbuck, Idaho, outside of Pocatello, were tagged with graffiti.
The FBI classified the incident as a "hate crime" in a news release due to some of the threatening messages that were spray painted on the buildings, including, "Brigham Young was a rapist," "Die Mormons, "You will pay for what you have done," "brainwashers," and "Burn in Hell."
"The subject(s) also drew several inverted crosses on the church buildings and around the church grounds," according to a statement from the FBI on Wednesday.
Anyone with information can call the FBI in Boise at 208-344-7843, the Chubbuck Police Department at 208-237-7172, or the FBI in Salt Lake City at 801-579-1400.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 33
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11