POCATELLO, Idaho — The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of those responsible for vandalizing three LDS meetinghouses.
Sometime between the evening of Nov. 6 through the morning of Nov. 7, three meetinghouses from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chubbuck, Idaho, outside of Pocatello, were tagged with graffiti.
The FBI classified the incident as a "hate crime" in a news release due to some of the threatening messages that were spray painted on the buildings, including, "Brigham Young was a rapist," "Die Mormons, "You will pay for what you have done," "brainwashers," and "Burn in Hell."
"The subject(s) also drew several inverted crosses on the church buildings and around the church grounds," according to a statement from the FBI on Wednesday.
Anyone with information can call the FBI in Boise at 208-344-7843, the Chubbuck Police Department at 208-237-7172, or the FBI in Salt Lake City at 801-579-1400.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 30
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13