POCATELLO, Idaho — The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of those responsible for vandalizing three LDS meetinghouses.
Sometime between the evening of Nov. 6 through the morning of Nov. 7, three meetinghouses from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chubbuck, Idaho, outside of Pocatello, were tagged with graffiti.
The FBI classified the incident as a "hate crime" in a news release due to some of the threatening messages that were spray painted on the buildings, including, "Brigham Young was a rapist," "Die Mormons, "You will pay for what you have done," "brainwashers," and "Burn in Hell."
"The subject(s) also drew several inverted crosses on the church buildings and around the church grounds," according to a statement from the FBI on Wednesday.
Anyone with information can call the FBI in Boise at 208-344-7843, the Chubbuck Police Department at 208-237-7172, or the FBI in Salt Lake City at 801-579-1400.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Woman found stabbed to death in West Valley...
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 86
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9