POCATELLO, Idaho — The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of those responsible for vandalizing three LDS meetinghouses.
Sometime between the evening of Nov. 6 through the morning of Nov. 7, three meetinghouses from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Chubbuck, Idaho, outside of Pocatello, were tagged with graffiti.
The FBI classified the incident as a "hate crime" in a news release due to some of the threatening messages that were spray painted on the buildings, including, "Brigham Young was a rapist," "Die Mormons, "You will pay for what you have done," "brainwashers," and "Burn in Hell."
"The subject(s) also drew several inverted crosses on the church buildings and around the church grounds," according to a statement from the FBI on Wednesday.
Anyone with information can call the FBI in Boise at 208-344-7843, the Chubbuck Police Department at 208-237-7172, or the FBI in Salt Lake City at 801-579-1400.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15