BYU golf: men's team finishes fourth at the Jones Invitational
Jordan Rodgers' sixth-place finish led the No. 30 BYU men's golf team to fourth place after the final round of the Jones Invitational on Tuesday.
"We finished where we were at, but that golf course was really hard and fast," BYU men's golf coach Bruce Brockbank said. "It was just one of those things. We didn't get off to a good start, but the guys fought back and made it respectable. We didn't have our best stuff this week, but the guys hung in there and battled."
The Cougars finished at 36-over-par trailing third-place San Diego by 12 strokes. No. 50 San Diego State finished on top at 17-over-par with No. 23 Southern California behind by a single stroke.
Rodgers finished the tournament at 6-over-par with three birdies and an eagle in the 14th hole of the third round.
West Coast Conference teams San Diego and Pepperdine finished in third and sixth place, respectively.
"I think we learned some things and we have a lot of work ahead of us if we want to accomplish what we want to this year," Brockbank said.
BYU will compete in the Fresno Lexus Classic on March 10-11 at the San Joaquin Country Club.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Austin Collie signs with CFL's BC Lions,...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- BYU basketball analysis: Cougars' big men...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 67
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by... 16