BYU golf: men's team finishes fourth at the Jones Invitational
Jordan Rodgers' sixth-place finish led the No. 30 BYU men's golf team to fourth place after the final round of the Jones Invitational on Tuesday.
"We finished where we were at, but that golf course was really hard and fast," BYU men's golf coach Bruce Brockbank said. "It was just one of those things. We didn't get off to a good start, but the guys fought back and made it respectable. We didn't have our best stuff this week, but the guys hung in there and battled."
The Cougars finished at 36-over-par trailing third-place San Diego by 12 strokes. No. 50 San Diego State finished on top at 17-over-par with No. 23 Southern California behind by a single stroke.
Rodgers finished the tournament at 6-over-par with three birdies and an eagle in the 14th hole of the third round.
West Coast Conference teams San Diego and Pepperdine finished in third and sixth place, respectively.
"I think we learned some things and we have a lot of work ahead of us if we want to accomplish what we want to this year," Brockbank said.
BYU will compete in the Fresno Lexus Classic on March 10-11 at the San Joaquin Country Club.
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- NFL playoff picture: 20 Utah ties currently...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 60
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- BYU closes season with painful loss in... 17