BYU golf: men's team finishes fourth at the Jones Invitational
Jordan Rodgers' sixth-place finish led the No. 30 BYU men's golf team to fourth place after the final round of the Jones Invitational on Tuesday.
"We finished where we were at, but that golf course was really hard and fast," BYU men's golf coach Bruce Brockbank said. "It was just one of those things. We didn't get off to a good start, but the guys fought back and made it respectable. We didn't have our best stuff this week, but the guys hung in there and battled."
The Cougars finished at 36-over-par trailing third-place San Diego by 12 strokes. No. 50 San Diego State finished on top at 17-over-par with No. 23 Southern California behind by a single stroke.
Rodgers finished the tournament at 6-over-par with three birdies and an eagle in the 14th hole of the third round.
West Coast Conference teams San Diego and Pepperdine finished in third and sixth place, respectively.
"I think we learned some things and we have a lot of work ahead of us if we want to accomplish what we want to this year," Brockbank said.
BYU will compete in the Fresno Lexus Classic on March 10-11 at the San Joaquin Country Club.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- College football countdown No. 43: BYU...
- Athlete's tribute: 'Show me a legend and...
- BYU volleyball: 10 Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU tennis: three Cougars named to WCC...
- BYU soccer: Cougars net 14 mentions on WCC...
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams leads a deep...
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Morning links: National college... 79
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 65
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams leads a... 20