Guest commentary: These six teams are the best fits for Jimmer Fredette in free agency
Memphis Grizzles: I haven't heard anyone mention the Grizzles, but they could really use his skill set. Tony Allen and Mike Conley are really good players, but not great shooters. They do have Mike Miller coming off the bench but could always use another shooter to stretch the floor and allow Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol more space to work.
Oklahoma City Thunder: The Thunder are loaded with talented guards who know how to player their roles, but not one of them is a great shooter from the perimeter. Fredette wouldn't play much in Oklahoma City, but every team needs a guy who can shoot it coming off the bench, and the Thunder don't have that right now.
Houston Rockets: Fredette would fit in with the Rockets very much the same as he would for the Thunder. Not many minutes since they have Patrick Beverley, Jeremy Lin and James Harden, but they are in need of another guard who can stretch the floor in spot duty and make open threes.
Fredette actually would fit in nicely in a couple other teams' systems like the Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs, but there wouldn't be any minutes for him. Especially in San Antonio, where the Spurs already have shooters like Matt Bonner and Danny Green to go along with a log jam at the point guard spot.
No matter where Fredette ends up, it will be a better fit than the Kings and more fun for all of us to watch!
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28