The digital magazine Thought Catalog recently published a list of 16 things people forget to thank their dads for. Highlights on the list, written by Kate Bailey, include getting their kids involved with sports, playing cool music in the car and being the first man that sons use as a role model, among other things.
“For being the first love of every little girl’s life,” Bailey wrote. “The one that teaches her to slow dance and tells her he’ll always protect her and who will walk her down the aisle one day and fix the sink, even if things become difficult in between — dads teach daughters what they want in husbands.”
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- The problems grandparents face when...
- How parents can keep family screen time under...
- Maryland couple investigated again... 18
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1