SALT LAKE CITY — Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Monday announced plans for additional expansion into the greater Salt Lake City metro area.
Franchisee Z & H Foods, UT, Inc. is expected to open nine new locations over the next two years. Restaurants are scheduled to open in West Jordan, South Jordan, Herriman, Midvale, American Fork and Ogden, with other locations still to be determined.
Earlier this month, ground was broken on a new West Jordan restaurant that is set to open in May, with three additional stores to be built by year's end and five more scheduled for completion in 2015.
Popeyes currently has restaurants at Hill Air Force Base, in Lehi, at the Salt Lake City International Airport and in St. George.
“The response from our Salt Lake City guests to our unique, Louisiana-inspired food has been overwhelmingly positive,” said Greg Vojnovic, vice president and chief development officer for Popeyes. “This is a priority market for us and we are committed to an aggressive development strategy in this area.”
The new Popeyes restaurants reflect a design currently being rolled out across the country that highlights elements indigenous to the brand’s New Orleans birth place, including crab pot lighting, art décor, mosaic tiles and rot iron “Louisiana Kitchen” ceiling features.
Popeye's is the world's second largest quick-service chicken concept restaurant chain based on the number of units, with nearly 2,200 locations worldwide.
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at...
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if the...
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- Here's how much you can expect to spend on...
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 8
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Salt Lake City opens door for rideshare... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2