SALT LAKE CITY — Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Monday announced plans for additional expansion into the greater Salt Lake City metro area.
Franchisee Z & H Foods, UT, Inc. is expected to open nine new locations over the next two years. Restaurants are scheduled to open in West Jordan, South Jordan, Herriman, Midvale, American Fork and Ogden, with other locations still to be determined.
Earlier this month, ground was broken on a new West Jordan restaurant that is set to open in May, with three additional stores to be built by year's end and five more scheduled for completion in 2015.
Popeyes currently has restaurants at Hill Air Force Base, in Lehi, at the Salt Lake City International Airport and in St. George.
“The response from our Salt Lake City guests to our unique, Louisiana-inspired food has been overwhelmingly positive,” said Greg Vojnovic, vice president and chief development officer for Popeyes. “This is a priority market for us and we are committed to an aggressive development strategy in this area.”
The new Popeyes restaurants reflect a design currently being rolled out across the country that highlights elements indigenous to the brand’s New Orleans birth place, including crab pot lighting, art décor, mosaic tiles and rot iron “Louisiana Kitchen” ceiling features.
Popeye's is the world's second largest quick-service chicken concept restaurant chain based on the number of units, with nearly 2,200 locations worldwide.
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Obama renews tax breaks, creates ABLE accounts
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on companies
- Utah economy still adding jobs, report says
- Abu Dhabi's Etihad gets A380, complete with...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3