Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A Farmington man died Sunday after a paragliding accident near the Cedar Valley Airport, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.
Ronald Allen Carter, 54, was paragliding at approximately 5:45 p.m. when he crashed near Allen's Ranch Road roughly 5 miles south of state Route 73, Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Yvette Rice said.
Three of Carter's friends witnessed the incident, Rice said. The witnesses reported that Rice was an experienced glider and was practicing advanced maneuvers when he fell to the ground.
Carter died on impact, Rice said, and the cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities do not believe the death to be suspicious.
"It was very traumatic from what I understand," Rice said.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24