Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A Farmington man died Sunday after a paragliding accident near the Cedar Valley Airport, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.
Ronald Allen Carter, 54, was paragliding at approximately 5:45 p.m. when he crashed near Allen's Ranch Road roughly 5 miles south of state Route 73, Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Yvette Rice said.
Three of Carter's friends witnessed the incident, Rice said. The witnesses reported that Rice was an experienced glider and was practicing advanced maneuvers when he fell to the ground.
Carter died on impact, Rice said, and the cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities do not believe the death to be suspicious.
"It was very traumatic from what I understand," Rice said.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10