Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A Farmington man died Sunday after a paragliding accident near the Cedar Valley Airport, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.
Ronald Allen Carter, 54, was paragliding at approximately 5:45 p.m. when he crashed near Allen's Ranch Road roughly 5 miles south of state Route 73, Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Yvette Rice said.
Three of Carter's friends witnessed the incident, Rice said. The witnesses reported that Rice was an experienced glider and was practicing advanced maneuvers when he fell to the ground.
Carter died on impact, Rice said, and the cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities do not believe the death to be suspicious.
"It was very traumatic from what I understand," Rice said.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12