Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A Farmington man died Sunday after a paragliding accident near the Cedar Valley Airport, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.
Ronald Allen Carter, 54, was paragliding at approximately 5:45 p.m. when he crashed near Allen's Ranch Road roughly 5 miles south of state Route 73, Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Yvette Rice said.
Three of Carter's friends witnessed the incident, Rice said. The witnesses reported that Rice was an experienced glider and was practicing advanced maneuvers when he fell to the ground.
Carter died on impact, Rice said, and the cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities do not believe the death to be suspicious.
"It was very traumatic from what I understand," Rice said.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10