Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
EAGLE MOUNTAIN — A Farmington man died Sunday after a paragliding accident near the Cedar Valley Airport, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.
Ronald Allen Carter, 54, was paragliding at approximately 5:45 p.m. when he crashed near Allen's Ranch Road roughly 5 miles south of state Route 73, Utah County Sheriff's Lt. Yvette Rice said.
Three of Carter's friends witnessed the incident, Rice said. The witnesses reported that Rice was an experienced glider and was practicing advanced maneuvers when he fell to the ground.
Carter died on impact, Rice said, and the cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities do not believe the death to be suspicious.
"It was very traumatic from what I understand," Rice said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17