Utah Jazz: No Derrick Favors again, but T-Wolves also missing key players
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz won't have Derrick Favors in uniform again tonight against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The Jazz do catch a break, however, because the T-Wolves will also be shorthanded, as center Nikola Pekovic (ankle), guard Kevin Martin (thumb) and backup big man Ronny Turiaf (knee) will be sidelined as well.
The Jazz have lost both games coming out of the All-Star break without Favors in the lineup. He continues to nurse a right hip sprain, which has hampered him for more than a month now.
Utah (19-35) is 0-8 without the starting center in the lineup this season, including Friday night’s 102-94 loss at Portland.
The Jazz will again go with a starting lineup that includes Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Richard Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Enes Kanter. That unit is 0-5 when it starts together.
Minnesota will start All-Star power forward Kevin Love at center, which will present a challenge because of his ability to stretch the floor.
This is the first of three straight home games for the Jazz.
Minnesota (26-28) is beginning a five-game road trip. The T-Wolves have beaten Utah in both meetings this season, including a 112-97 win at EnergySolutions Arena on Jan. 21 and a 98-72 victory at Target Center on Jan. 18.
In those two T-Wolves wins, Pekovic averaged 22.5 points and 11.5 rebounds, while Martin put up an average of 19 points.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 31