Utah Jazz: No Derrick Favors again, but T-Wolves also missing key players
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz won't have Derrick Favors in uniform again tonight against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The Jazz do catch a break, however, because the T-Wolves will also be shorthanded, as center Nikola Pekovic (ankle), guard Kevin Martin (thumb) and backup big man Ronny Turiaf (knee) will be sidelined as well.
The Jazz have lost both games coming out of the All-Star break without Favors in the lineup. He continues to nurse a right hip sprain, which has hampered him for more than a month now.
Utah (19-35) is 0-8 without the starting center in the lineup this season, including Friday night’s 102-94 loss at Portland.
The Jazz will again go with a starting lineup that includes Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Richard Jefferson, Marvin Williams and Enes Kanter. That unit is 0-5 when it starts together.
Minnesota will start All-Star power forward Kevin Love at center, which will present a challenge because of his ability to stretch the floor.
This is the first of three straight home games for the Jazz.
Minnesota (26-28) is beginning a five-game road trip. The T-Wolves have beaten Utah in both meetings this season, including a 112-97 win at EnergySolutions Arena on Jan. 21 and a 98-72 victory at Target Center on Jan. 18.
In those two T-Wolves wins, Pekovic averaged 22.5 points and 11.5 rebounds, while Martin put up an average of 19 points.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21