So, Democrat Representative Patricia Jones has once again submitted a bill to limit personal exemptions for Utahns to two children. It seems she is saying the State only has interest in educating two children per family.
Families are already being taxed through large school registration fees for all their children attending junior high and high school. Apparently, this is not enough and Rep. Jones proposes that having more than two children should cost even more.
Rep. Jones should look to other countries and cultures where her mindset is prominent — now they have an aging population without a young population to help support them.
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Doug Robinson: So little time, so many...
- In our opinion: Salt Lake City should welcome...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 54
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 50
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 35
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Letter: Whole story 28
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 25
- Join the discussion: Have local police... 24