So, Democrat Representative Patricia Jones has once again submitted a bill to limit personal exemptions for Utahns to two children. It seems she is saying the State only has interest in educating two children per family.
Families are already being taxed through large school registration fees for all their children attending junior high and high school. Apparently, this is not enough and Rep. Jones proposes that having more than two children should cost even more.
Rep. Jones should look to other countries and cultures where her mindset is prominent — now they have an aging population without a young population to help support them.
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Gabriel Roth: Get the government out of the...
- Letter: Legalizing drugs
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 36
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 36
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32