So, Democrat Representative Patricia Jones has once again submitted a bill to limit personal exemptions for Utahns to two children. It seems she is saying the State only has interest in educating two children per family.
Families are already being taxed through large school registration fees for all their children attending junior high and high school. Apparently, this is not enough and Rep. Jones proposes that having more than two children should cost even more.
Rep. Jones should look to other countries and cultures where her mindset is prominent — now they have an aging population without a young population to help support them.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 78
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 56
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- My view: Where is our Medicaid expansion? 20