Freezing temperatures always have me thinking about food. OK, so just about anything has me thinking about food, but when the cold weather hits, my desire for specific recipes increases.
Some may be thinking I’m craving things like chili, or cocoa, and I do love those things, but one of my favorite winter recipes is my sweet and hearty sunshine muffins. They are such a treat with a hot bowl of soup or even for breakfast. And they are so easy to put together and bake.
The combination of sweet pineapple and banana and the crunch of pecans, make these muffins delicious and satisfying. So bundle up and bake up a batch of sunshine.
Belle’s Sunshine Muffins
1 box carrot cake mix (dry)
3 eggs, beaten
2 bananas, mashed
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
¼ cup pecans, diced
With an electric mixer, beat together the dry cake mix, eggs and bananas. Stir in the pineapple and pecans. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Fill each tin about 2/3 full.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until muffin tops are brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
You can also make this into a loaf of bread, by placing the batter in a large loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake time will increase to about an hour.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author, including the recently released "That's a Lot of Crock!" and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 111
- Salt Lake protesters take their message... 18
- Health care spending to accelerate, US... 7
- Government audit finds health law... 7
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two... 4
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- Got a cold? Antibiotics may do more... 3
- Feds release updated strategy against... 2