LDS Church encourages Utahns to attend local caucus meetings
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a letter encouraging Utahns to participate in local caucus meetings, the Mormon Newsroom reported Friday.
The letter, which will be read in Utah congregations, reminds church members that caucus meetings will be held Tuesday, March 18, and Thursday, March 20.
"We ask that local leaders not schedule meetings on these Tuesday and Thursday evenings so members may attend a caucus meeting of their choice," the letter stated.
Church leaders also reaffirmed the LDS Church's political neutrality and reminded members that church facilities and meetings are not to be used for political purposes.
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtfdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS...
- LDS Church releases video about overcoming...
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 89
- LDS Church releases video about... 42
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 21
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 6
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6