LDS Church encourages Utahns to attend local caucus meetings
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a letter encouraging Utahns to participate in local caucus meetings, the Mormon Newsroom reported Friday.
The letter, which will be read in Utah congregations, reminds church members that caucus meetings will be held Tuesday, March 18, and Thursday, March 20.
"We ask that local leaders not schedule meetings on these Tuesday and Thursday evenings so members may attend a caucus meeting of their choice," the letter stated.
Church leaders also reaffirmed the LDS Church's political neutrality and reminded members that church facilities and meetings are not to be used for political purposes.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith adds...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 17
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 10
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6