LDS Church encourages Utahns to attend local caucus meetings
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a letter encouraging Utahns to participate in local caucus meetings, the Mormon Newsroom reported Friday.
The letter, which will be read in Utah congregations, reminds church members that caucus meetings will be held Tuesday, March 18, and Thursday, March 20.
"We ask that local leaders not schedule meetings on these Tuesday and Thursday evenings so members may attend a caucus meeting of their choice," the letter stated.
Church leaders also reaffirmed the LDS Church's political neutrality and reminded members that church facilities and meetings are not to be used for political purposes.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 31
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9