LDS Church encourages Utahns to attend local caucus meetings
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a letter encouraging Utahns to participate in local caucus meetings, the Mormon Newsroom reported Friday.
The letter, which will be read in Utah congregations, reminds church members that caucus meetings will be held Tuesday, March 18, and Thursday, March 20.
"We ask that local leaders not schedule meetings on these Tuesday and Thursday evenings so members may attend a caucus meeting of their choice," the letter stated.
Church leaders also reaffirmed the LDS Church's political neutrality and reminded members that church facilities and meetings are not to be used for political purposes.
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Getting ready to study...
- Reader voices: Choosing my reflection
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 16
- This is what going to church does to you 10
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- How churches can attract younger people 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Why congregation size matters when it... 2