Photo gallery of Gilbert Arizona Temple on Mormon Newsroom
Photo courtesy of John Power
The Gilbert Arizona temple was recently featured in a photo gallery on the Mormon Newsroom website in conjunction with the temple open house, held from Jan. 18-Feb. 15.
The temple and grounds cover 85,000 square feet, and the building is the largest temple built in the past 17 years, according to the Mormon Newsroom. The grounds include 84 palm trees along with a waterfall, two pergolas and other shrubs and flowers.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer visited the temple during the open house and said, "This temple is a beacon of hope, faith and love to all those who come to this sacred building and its beautiful grounds."
The dedication of the temple is scheduled for Sunday, March 2.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS mom qualifies for U.S. Olympic Marathon...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- ‘Ambushed’ officer: God told me...
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- The best Christian workplaces in 2015
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen'
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 26
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 25
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 20
- Russians' views on religion are... 16
- 5 faith facts about Jim Gilmore:... 8
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: My latest minuet... 4