Photo gallery of Gilbert Arizona Temple on Mormon Newsroom
Photo courtesy of John Power
The Gilbert Arizona temple was recently featured in a photo gallery on the Mormon Newsroom website in conjunction with the temple open house, held from Jan. 18-Feb. 15.
The temple and grounds cover 85,000 square feet, and the building is the largest temple built in the past 17 years, according to the Mormon Newsroom. The grounds include 84 palm trees along with a waterfall, two pergolas and other shrubs and flowers.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer visited the temple during the open house and said, "This temple is a beacon of hope, faith and love to all those who come to this sacred building and its beautiful grounds."
The dedication of the temple is scheduled for Sunday, March 2.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8