Photo gallery of Gilbert Arizona Temple on Mormon Newsroom
Photo courtesy of John Power
The Gilbert Arizona temple was recently featured in a photo gallery on the Mormon Newsroom website in conjunction with the temple open house, held from Jan. 18-Feb. 15.
The temple and grounds cover 85,000 square feet, and the building is the largest temple built in the past 17 years, according to the Mormon Newsroom. The grounds include 84 palm trees along with a waterfall, two pergolas and other shrubs and flowers.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer visited the temple during the open house and said, "This temple is a beacon of hope, faith and love to all those who come to this sacred building and its beautiful grounds."
The dedication of the temple is scheduled for Sunday, March 2.
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 23
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 7