Photo gallery of Gilbert Arizona Temple on Mormon Newsroom
Photo courtesy of John Power
The Gilbert Arizona temple was recently featured in a photo gallery on the Mormon Newsroom website in conjunction with the temple open house, held from Jan. 18-Feb. 15.
The temple and grounds cover 85,000 square feet, and the building is the largest temple built in the past 17 years, according to the Mormon Newsroom. The grounds include 84 palm trees along with a waterfall, two pergolas and other shrubs and flowers.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer visited the temple during the open house and said, "This temple is a beacon of hope, faith and love to all those who come to this sacred building and its beautiful grounds."
The dedication of the temple is scheduled for Sunday, March 2.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 162
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8
- State bills to protect religious... 8