Photo gallery of Gilbert Arizona Temple on Mormon Newsroom
Photo courtesy of John Power
The Gilbert Arizona temple was recently featured in a photo gallery on the Mormon Newsroom website in conjunction with the temple open house, held from Jan. 18-Feb. 15.
The temple and grounds cover 85,000 square feet, and the building is the largest temple built in the past 17 years, according to the Mormon Newsroom. The grounds include 84 palm trees along with a waterfall, two pergolas and other shrubs and flowers.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer visited the temple during the open house and said, "This temple is a beacon of hope, faith and love to all those who come to this sacred building and its beautiful grounds."
The dedication of the temple is scheduled for Sunday, March 2.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2