“Sometimes we text, but I always prefer to talk face-to-face or at least voice-to-voice,” Miller said. He also makes an effort to have lunch with them weekly if their schedules permit, he said.
Everyone getting together and spending quality time, as a family, is also very important, he said.
Miller, who enjoys adventure travel and collecting Land Cruisers, spent time this past year with his youngest son and some friends on an expedition trekking across Antarctica, having previously visited five other continents. In September 2012, Miller and his team successfully circumnavigated the northern hemisphere, driving approximately 18,000 miles across North America, Europe and Asia.
“The goal is to drive the same vehicle on all seven continents,” he explained. He is looking forward to completing this journey in early spring of 2014 in South America, he said.
Miller often describes the good fortune that has occurred in his life and has befallen his family in their business prosperity as “blessings.” He attributes it to the positive role faith has played in his life and the heavenly guidance he receives in leading the business.
“Divine intervention is a huge part of how this organization is run,” Miller explained. “We have what we have in large part because God wanted to give it to us or at least make us stewards over it.”
He said one of the lessons he has learned over the past five years is that the organization is a great resource that will likely outlive all of those who lead it today. He also said that he takes seriously his responsibility to mentor those next-generation family members who will run the business when he retires one day.
“Properly managed with wise stewardship, this organization can continue for a long, long time into the future,” Miller said.
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 36
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 24
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law... 22