“Sometimes we text, but I always prefer to talk face-to-face or at least voice-to-voice,” Miller said. He also makes an effort to have lunch with them weekly if their schedules permit, he said.
Everyone getting together and spending quality time, as a family, is also very important, he said.
Miller, who enjoys adventure travel and collecting Land Cruisers, spent time this past year with his youngest son and some friends on an expedition trekking across Antarctica, having previously visited five other continents. In September 2012, Miller and his team successfully circumnavigated the northern hemisphere, driving approximately 18,000 miles across North America, Europe and Asia.
“The goal is to drive the same vehicle on all seven continents,” he explained. He is looking forward to completing this journey in early spring of 2014 in South America, he said.
Miller often describes the good fortune that has occurred in his life and has befallen his family in their business prosperity as “blessings.” He attributes it to the positive role faith has played in his life and the heavenly guidance he receives in leading the business.
“Divine intervention is a huge part of how this organization is run,” Miller explained. “We have what we have in large part because God wanted to give it to us or at least make us stewards over it.”
He said one of the lessons he has learned over the past five years is that the organization is a great resource that will likely outlive all of those who lead it today. He also said that he takes seriously his responsibility to mentor those next-generation family members who will run the business when he retires one day.
“Properly managed with wise stewardship, this organization can continue for a long, long time into the future,” Miller said.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Roosevelt...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge drinking...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 42
- New definition of homeless would give... 31
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 19