Utah basketball: Utes get back to work after overtime loss to No. 4 Arizona
“The focal point we had all week was rebounding and making some plays against the best defensive team in our league, which was really good,” Krystkowiak said before noting that a couple of bad stretches overshadowed the good ones.
Utah held a couple of early five-point advantages before Arizona reeled off 14 straight points en route to building a 35-26 halftime lead. The Wildcats remained in front until the Utes took a pair of one-point leads in the final 3:40 of regulation.
Utah never led in overtime.
“Of course it hurts. But there’s nothing you can really do. You can’t go back or anything. So I think our mindset is just trying to win the next one,” Loveridge said. “That’s what our mindset has always been — if you have a tough game, win or lose — just try to worry about the next one.”
The Utes host Arizona State (19-7, 8-5) Sunday night at 6. The Sun Devils are coming off a 61-52 loss at Colorado on Wednesday.
When Utah returns to action, Krytskowiak isn’t worried about young players like Loveridge and Taylor shaking off disappointing performances against Arizona. Being able to bounce back, he said, is part of growing up.
“Fresh off of the stuff last night, guys might be feeling like they’re down. But for me it’s no different than if we won,” Krystkowiak said. “It’s really about the process and the journey of trying to get better. I like to believe we’re going to keep getting better.”
Krystkowiak sees no need for psychotherapy. He says it’s all about getting back in the saddle of trying again.
“This is not the ‘feel sorry for yourself’ time of year, really. And it’s not that I expect these guys to get through it on their own because I’ll share some thoughts with them,” Krystkowiak said. “But for the most part, it’s not paralysis by analysis. What we have in front of us is pretty easy to try to improve on.”
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 122
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 67
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 60
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29