“Absolutely. I feel like we’re playing together at a high level right now,” Burke said. “There’s little areas we can continue to improve in. I think definitely that we’re going in the right direction.”
Williams will be a free agent this offseason, but the 27-year-old is hoping to stick around with the younger Jazz cornerstones.
“I think I’ve made it very clear that I enjoy playing here. I’ve loved every second that I’ve been in Salt Lake,” Williams said at Thursday’s practice, which took place before the deadline. “But I do understand the business of the league and sometimes trades do happen. Expiring contracts do get moved a lot during the trade deadline so I understand that as well.”
Williams added that if he wasn’t traded that, “I’ll be really excited about that.”
Corbin wasn't available for comment after the deadline passed, but he was looking forward to leaping that hurdle.
"I'm sure the guys (were) thinking about it," he said. "This is a tough time until about 2 o'clock when the deadline's over. You don't know what's going to happen."
Now they'll have to stay tuned until next offseason to find out.
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in the...
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost while...
- High school baseball: 5A team-by-team region...
- BYU basketball: Prior to Gonzaga loss,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona wipeout not a killer for Utes
- High school baseball: 4A team-by-team region...
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has torn...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 104
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 68
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 57
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32