Maryland college wants to base president's salary on janitor's pay
St. Mary’s College in Maryland is considering a new idea for paying its president.
Faculty and students alike want to base their president’s salary on that of the janitor, The Huffington Post reported. The idea would have the president’s salary capped at 10 times the lowest salary at the school, which is now at $24,500 but might expand to $30,000, HuffPost said. That would make the president’s max salary $300,000, which is $25,000 less than the current amount he makes, HuffPost reported. This idea is being considered to quell the concern among the college’s workers, who haven’t been exactly jubilant over their paychecks, HuffPost reported.
"I have to work overtime every week, had to let some of my bills go (unpaid), like my house phone, cable, and cut back on my heating, food, water and my gas bill,” said one workers, according to HuffPost. “Sometimes I need to borrow money from friends, family, and by the time I get my paycheck, I'm broke again.”
- Should cash be part of your emergency fund?
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays...
- How to take the scare out of the cost of...
- Top 10 insurance myths that people think are...
- Should you install your own kitchen cabinets?
- Today's must-read faith and family stories
- 9 things we routinely overpay for
- Why the CEO of the Container Store pays... 9
- Americans still prefer male bosses 8
- Landlords may be charging pet fees just... 7
- 9 things we routinely overpay for 6
- Employers and job seekers might as well... 5
- Pay raises are more rare despite strong... 4
- Facebook is now helping its female... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4