Maryland college wants to base president's salary on janitor's pay
St. Mary’s College in Maryland is considering a new idea for paying its president.
Faculty and students alike want to base their president’s salary on that of the janitor, The Huffington Post reported. The idea would have the president’s salary capped at 10 times the lowest salary at the school, which is now at $24,500 but might expand to $30,000, HuffPost said. That would make the president’s max salary $300,000, which is $25,000 less than the current amount he makes, HuffPost reported. This idea is being considered to quell the concern among the college’s workers, who haven’t been exactly jubilant over their paychecks, HuffPost reported.
"I have to work overtime every week, had to let some of my bills go (unpaid), like my house phone, cable, and cut back on my heating, food, water and my gas bill,” said one workers, according to HuffPost. “Sometimes I need to borrow money from friends, family, and by the time I get my paycheck, I'm broke again.”
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- 4 eccentric billionaire spending habits
- How not to buy a rental property
- 18 cost-cutting apps that can help recoup the...
- Student loans risk the economy
- How home life affects the job market, and...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 14
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 13
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- Student loans risk the economy 4
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3