Maryland college wants to base president's salary on janitor's pay
St. Mary’s College in Maryland is considering a new idea for paying its president.
Faculty and students alike want to base their president’s salary on that of the janitor, The Huffington Post reported. The idea would have the president’s salary capped at 10 times the lowest salary at the school, which is now at $24,500 but might expand to $30,000, HuffPost said. That would make the president’s max salary $300,000, which is $25,000 less than the current amount he makes, HuffPost reported. This idea is being considered to quell the concern among the college’s workers, who haven’t been exactly jubilant over their paychecks, HuffPost reported.
"I have to work overtime every week, had to let some of my bills go (unpaid), like my house phone, cable, and cut back on my heating, food, water and my gas bill,” said one workers, according to HuffPost. “Sometimes I need to borrow money from friends, family, and by the time I get my paycheck, I'm broke again.”
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Clean up your finances by tossing paper,...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- The economy has begun to recover, but mostly...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 25
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 3
- Why separate bank accounts might help... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Roll Call's 10 'poorest' members of... 1
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 1