It’s unlikely we’ll see an atheist or Muslim president anytime soon.
A recent Gallup poll showed that Americans are least likely to vote for an atheist, Muslim or gay or lesbian presidential candidate. Atheists are at the bottom of the poll with 54 percent of the country saying they would vote for them, while Muslims are just above at 58 percent. A gay or lesbian candidate would receive votes from 68 percent of Americans.
But 96 percent of the country would vote for a black candidate and 95 percent would vote for a woman. Catholics receive the nod from 94 percent of voters, as Hispanics, Jewish people and Mormons are middle of the road with 92, 91 and 80 percent approval from Americans, Gallup said.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 57
- When Satan steals your motherhood 45
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14