Atheists, Muslims least likely to be voted president, poll says
It’s unlikely we’ll see an atheist or Muslim president anytime soon.
A recent Gallup poll showed that Americans are least likely to vote for an atheist, Muslim or gay or lesbian presidential candidate. Atheists are at the bottom of the poll with 54 percent of the country saying they would vote for them, while Muslims are just above at 58 percent. A gay or lesbian candidate would receive votes from 68 percent of Americans.
But 96 percent of the country would vote for a black candidate and 95 percent would vote for a woman. Catholics receive the nod from 94 percent of voters, as Hispanics, Jewish people and Mormons are middle of the road with 92, 91 and 80 percent approval from Americans, Gallup said.
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- New Harmony: Now pitching for the Angels:...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian... 5
- LDS missionaries meet London teen... 5