Atheists, Muslims least likely to be voted president, poll says
It’s unlikely we’ll see an atheist or Muslim president anytime soon.
A recent Gallup poll showed that Americans are least likely to vote for an atheist, Muslim or gay or lesbian presidential candidate. Atheists are at the bottom of the poll with 54 percent of the country saying they would vote for them, while Muslims are just above at 58 percent. A gay or lesbian candidate would receive votes from 68 percent of Americans.
But 96 percent of the country would vote for a black candidate and 95 percent would vote for a woman. Catholics receive the nod from 94 percent of voters, as Hispanics, Jewish people and Mormons are middle of the road with 92, 91 and 80 percent approval from Americans, Gallup said.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 59
- Religious, political leaders in... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 19
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 15
- Churches proceed carefully when... 14