Lawyer for Salt Lake City police arrested in drug, weapons investigation
SALT LAKE CITY — A lawyer working with the Salt Lake City Police Department was arrested along with his two sons Wednesday for investigation of drug and weapons violations.
Police arrested James Wesley Robinson, 50, at his Wasatch Hollow home after finding cocaine in his bedroom, according to jail documents. A large quantity of marijuana, marijuana pipes, water bongs, scales and a large amount of cash were also found in the home at 1955 E. Bryan Ave. Police also found four firearms.
Robinson is an employee of the Salt Lake City Attorney's Office and provides counsel to police in civil cases, a spokesman for Mayor Ralph Becker's office confirmed. Robinson has been placed on paid administrative leave.
Salt Lake City police, listed in jail documents as the arresting agency, did not provide comment on the arrest and refered calls to the mayor's office.
Robinson is being investigated for cocaine possession, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a weapon by a restricted person.
Robinson's two sons, 21-year-old Alexander Jordan Robinson and 18-year-old Zachary Ryan Robinson, were also booked into Salt Lake County Jail.
Marijuana, bongs and pipes, scales and cash were also located in the two sons' bedrooms and on Zachary Robinson's person, according to jail records.
— McKenzie Romero
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9