Laura Seitz, Deseret News
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Students received a lesson on healthy eating and volleyball thanks to Kohl's and the University of Utah on Wednesday.
Students from Canyon View Elementary joined representatives from U. Health Care and Kohl’s Department Store in a schoolwide assembly promoting health and fitness. The U. girl’s volleyball team, mascot Swoop and dietitians were on hand to show the more than 450 students how to live an active and healthy life.
Kohl’s will also present The University of Utah with a check to support the Kohl’s Healthy Kids Program, a partnership designed to teach kids at a young age what healthy eating is and how to make healthy food choices.
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21
- 90% of parents think their children are... 19
- Arizona educator chosen next... 6
- The job market for US college grads is... 5
- Math scores slip, reading flat for... 3
- USU expands land grant mission under... 3
- Women called heroes for reviving high... 3