TOOELE — The Tooele County School District will hold its second parent meeting regarding the new dual language immersion programs for next year.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at Clarke N. Johnsen Junior High School, 2152 N. 400 West.
There is still space and time to sign up. Immersion programs will be offered at five schools and in five languages for next year’s first-graders on a first-come, first-served basis.
Subsequent years may require an enrollment lottery. The school district is testing the program in its pilot year.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16