TOOELE — The Tooele County School District will hold its second parent meeting regarding the new dual language immersion programs for next year.
The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at Clarke N. Johnsen Junior High School, 2152 N. 400 West.
There is still space and time to sign up. Immersion programs will be offered at five schools and in five languages for next year’s first-graders on a first-come, first-served basis.
Subsequent years may require an enrollment lottery. The school district is testing the program in its pilot year.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26