Mormons in the Olympics: Snowboard cross, men's skeleton, bobsled
Jae C. Hong, ASSOCIATED PRESS
A trio of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints competed in the Winter Olympics during the Presidents Day weekend.
Canadian Eric Neilson came in 13th overall in the men’s skeleton race on Saturday. The 33-year-old’s combined time for his four runs was 3 minutes, 48.77 seconds and was 4.48 seconds behind the gold medal time. He was 8th after the first run.
Neilson’s silver helmet with a maple leaf design was noted as one of the creative ones among the racers.
Australia’s Torah Bright competed in her third event of the Winter Games — snowboard cross, or boarder cross as it’s commonly called.
In the quarterfinal run, she ended up fifth of six in her race after a fall as she tried to move ahead of another competitor. She did finish the race.
The top three in each quarterfinal moved on to the semifinal.
USA’s Chris Fogt, 30, of Alpine, took 12th in the two-man bobsled races with pilot Cory Butner on the USA-2 sled.
Fogt is part of the USA 1 sled crew for the four-man bobsled event this weekend.
Also, Canadian David Bissett is a pusher for the Canada 1 sled. The first two heats are on Saturday and the second two are on Sunday.
The winner will be the team with the fastest combined time.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- Former NFL star Tim Tebow issues a challenge...
- Actress and producer behind 'Ben-Hur' has a...
- Franklin Graham reacts to 'God's Not Dead 2'...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- End-times author of 'Left Behind' breaks down...
- UTubers: UTubers come together to help LDS...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 26
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 23
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- LDS Church missionaries in Russia now... 20
- Franklin Graham reacts to 'God's Not... 14
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13