Jae C. Hong, ASSOCIATED PRESS
A trio of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints competed in the Winter Olympics during the Presidents Day weekend.
Canadian Eric Neilson came in 13th overall in the men’s skeleton race on Saturday. The 33-year-old’s combined time for his four runs was 3 minutes, 48.77 seconds and was 4.48 seconds behind the gold medal time. He was 8th after the first run.
Neilson’s silver helmet with a maple leaf design was noted as one of the creative ones among the racers.
Australia’s Torah Bright competed in her third event of the Winter Games — snowboard cross, or boarder cross as it’s commonly called.
In the quarterfinal run, she ended up fifth of six in her race after a fall as she tried to move ahead of another competitor. She did finish the race.
The top three in each quarterfinal moved on to the semifinal.
USA’s Chris Fogt, 30, of Alpine, took 12th in the two-man bobsled races with pilot Cory Butner on the USA-2 sled.
Fogt is part of the USA 1 sled crew for the four-man bobsled event this weekend.
Also, Canadian David Bissett is a pusher for the Canada 1 sled. The first two heats are on Saturday and the second two are on Sunday.
The winner will be the team with the fastest combined time.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 101
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 67
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 18
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the... 17
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,... 15
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14