kyolshin, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parenting tips are everywhere. But if you aren’t following suggestions offered by bloggers and journalists, is it a cause for concern?
Not really, according to Rachel Lu, a writer at The Federalist. Lu said today’s society is different than that of the past, and many young people don’t grow up with as many children in their environments as before. So when parents have kids in the modern era, a rocky road is expected, Lu said.
“When parenthood was a natural, expected step along the path to established adulthood, it probably seemed easier, but also was easier,” Lu wrote. “By recasting parenthood as a choice, we’ve increased the challenges for those who do choose it, while diminishing the available support.”
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- The Clean Cut: 12-year-old boy writes,...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too dangerous...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: When kids get in the...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- Does being married bring you closer to... 7
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2
- Does an American child really go... 2