kyolshin, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parenting tips are everywhere. But if you aren’t following suggestions offered by bloggers and journalists, is it a cause for concern?
Not really, according to Rachel Lu, a writer at The Federalist. Lu said today’s society is different than that of the past, and many young people don’t grow up with as many children in their environments as before. So when parents have kids in the modern era, a rocky road is expected, Lu said.
“When parenthood was a natural, expected step along the path to established adulthood, it probably seemed easier, but also was easier,” Lu wrote. “By recasting parenthood as a choice, we’ve increased the challenges for those who do choose it, while diminishing the available support.”
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Host of 'The Locator,' former Mormon bishop...
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- Should you tell your spouse the little white...
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Why do we love bad movies?
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 31
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 7
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Should you tell your spouse the little... 5
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4