kyolshin, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parenting tips are everywhere. But if you aren’t following suggestions offered by bloggers and journalists, is it a cause for concern?
Not really, according to Rachel Lu, a writer at The Federalist. Lu said today’s society is different than that of the past, and many young people don’t grow up with as many children in their environments as before. So when parents have kids in the modern era, a rocky road is expected, Lu said.
“When parenthood was a natural, expected step along the path to established adulthood, it probably seemed easier, but also was easier,” Lu wrote. “By recasting parenthood as a choice, we’ve increased the challenges for those who do choose it, while diminishing the available support.”
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Five for Families: Football films worth...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio audience'
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks surprise...
- Figuring out why teens turn to pornography 13
- As 'Sesame Street' debuts on HBO, some... 2
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 2
- Amy Choate-Nielsen: Father's... 1
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Losing weight... 1
- Tangy orange shrimp dish that's quickly... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling featured in... 0