kyolshin, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parenting tips are everywhere. But if you aren’t following suggestions offered by bloggers and journalists, is it a cause for concern?
Not really, according to Rachel Lu, a writer at The Federalist. Lu said today’s society is different than that of the past, and many young people don’t grow up with as many children in their environments as before. So when parents have kids in the modern era, a rocky road is expected, Lu said.
“When parenthood was a natural, expected step along the path to established adulthood, it probably seemed easier, but also was easier,” Lu wrote. “By recasting parenthood as a choice, we’ve increased the challenges for those who do choose it, while diminishing the available support.”
- Do we really need milk?
- Your triplets just got even more special
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Terminating parental rights: State policies...
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- Broadway composer Frank Wildhorn visits...
- Utah Opera to explore love in Mozart's...
- Do we really need milk? 21
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 6
- Crowdfund a divorce? Sites let you... 3
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Real Salt Lake goalie... 2
- Dan Wells talks about right, wrong in... 1