kyolshin, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parenting tips are everywhere. But if you aren’t following suggestions offered by bloggers and journalists, is it a cause for concern?
Not really, according to Rachel Lu, a writer at The Federalist. Lu said today’s society is different than that of the past, and many young people don’t grow up with as many children in their environments as before. So when parents have kids in the modern era, a rocky road is expected, Lu said.
“When parenthood was a natural, expected step along the path to established adulthood, it probably seemed easier, but also was easier,” Lu wrote. “By recasting parenthood as a choice, we’ve increased the challenges for those who do choose it, while diminishing the available support.”
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video parody...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 17
- 5 underrated Disney movies 13
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What parents can do at home to prepare... 3
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3