Piano Guys release 'Let It Go' cover filmed at Midway ice castles
The Piano Guys, a group that includes Jon Schmidt, Steven Sharp Nelson, Paul Anderson, Al Van Der Beek and Tel Stewart, have decided to join the club and produce their own version of "Let It Go" from Disney's latest success, "Frozen."
Released Wednesday morning on YouTube, the Piano Guys' version puts a classical spin on the popular song. Similar to fellow LDS artist Alex Boyé, the Piano Guys also filmed their video at the famed Midway, Utah, Ice Castles but included their own touch with a piano covered in icicles and a cello made out of ice.
"This is not green screen. Everything you see is real snow and ice," The Piano Guys posted on their YouTube video.
They also explained that for the past year they had been trying to come up with a song to film at the icy location, but it wasn't until watching "Frozen" that the group knew exactly what to perform.
"We all loved the movie 'Frozen' and its single 'Let It Go.' So much emotion, energy and drama packed into one tune. But we thought we'd add a little more drama by melting together 'Let It Go' and themes from Vivaldi's classical piece 'Winter,'" The Piano Guys explained on the website.
"We wanted the music to alternate between 'freezing' and 'thawing,' representing the opposing forces throughout the 'Frozen' story."
While the weather conditions don't appear to be ideal, Schmidt explained in the behind-the-scenes video that the temperature was actually around 32 degrees and not as cold as previous video shoots.
Within a few hours of being posted Wednesday morning, the YouTube video had more than 160,000 views.
- Health care system can make dying difficult...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Disney's 'Frozen' bridges generation gap for...
- The Piano Guys release new video featuring...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- Walkable communities can help old and... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1