The Piano Guys, a group that includes Jon Schmidt, Steven Sharp Nelson, Paul Anderson, Al Van Der Beek and Tel Stewart, have decided to join the club and produce their own version of "Let It Go" from Disney's latest success, "Frozen."
Released Wednesday morning on YouTube, the Piano Guys' version puts a classical spin on the popular song. Similar to fellow LDS artist Alex Boyé, the Piano Guys also filmed their video at the famed Midway, Utah, Ice Castles but included their own touch with a piano covered in icicles and a cello made out of ice.
"This is not green screen. Everything you see is real snow and ice," The Piano Guys posted on their YouTube video.
They also explained that for the past year they had been trying to come up with a song to film at the icy location, but it wasn't until watching "Frozen" that the group knew exactly what to perform.
"We all loved the movie 'Frozen' and its single 'Let It Go.' So much emotion, energy and drama packed into one tune. But we thought we'd add a little more drama by melting together 'Let It Go' and themes from Vivaldi's classical piece 'Winter,'" The Piano Guys explained on the website.
"We wanted the music to alternate between 'freezing' and 'thawing,' representing the opposing forces throughout the 'Frozen' story."
While the weather conditions don't appear to be ideal, Schmidt explained in the behind-the-scenes video that the temperature was actually around 32 degrees and not as cold as previous video shoots.
Within a few hours of being posted Wednesday morning, the YouTube video had more than 160,000 views.
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood?
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Bubba Watson, two-time Masters Golf...
- Can you name the celebrity voices behind...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and... 24
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 14
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire,... 12
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Do moms need a purpose beyond motherhood? 8
- How early is too early for education? 6