What's new: 'Come Alive' uses music to energize and testify of Christ
"COME ALIVE," by Mercy River, Shadow Mountain Records, $16.98
The messages inspire hope, strength, commitment to the gospel and understanding the individual worth of souls. Titles include "Speak Life," "How Deep the Father's Love for Us," "Holy Ground" and "Move."
The group's rendition of "Walking on Sunshine" is fun and upbeat. "Walk You Through the Night" shares a message of a mother caring for her young child as she reflects on helping her child through life's storms and even through the veil at the close of mortal existence.
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Utahns Brooke Stone and Soni Muller, and Whitney Permann, who has recently relocated to Idaho, make up the Mercy River trio and are regular performers for Deseret Book's Time Out for Women.
Masterful background arrangements and harmonies by singer Jenny Frogley and Permann add to the beautiful detail in each song.
"Come Alive" is clean, uplifting and delightful music appropriate for the whole family.
The Mercy River trio write in a message in the CD, "A major focus of 'Come Alive' was to create this type of music ('virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy') and offer it as an alternative to the sirens of the world. You'll find songs of perspective and peace. But you'll also find songs that can help you run that extra mile, tackle a cleaning project or have a dance party in your car."
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Draper family shows that tragedy can reveal...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 71
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 33
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 14
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7