Teen charged as adult with deputy's death
Alleged getaway driver is pregnant with dead gunman's child, friends tell police
Jerry Grunwald was charged Jan. 13 with disorderly conduct, assault and interfering with an arresting officer. He pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct on Feb. 6 and the remaining two charges were dismissed.
Multiple neighbors said Tori Grunwald petitioned for a restraining order against her husband, forcing him to move out following the fight. State court records indicate that she filed for divorce on Feb. 5. The filing includes a “motion for temporary order,” although records don’t specify whether it is a restraining order.
Court records indicate the parents have criminal histories, and mental health evaluations were ordered for him in 2008 and her in 2010 and 2011.
Employees confirmed that Meagan Grumwald worked at the Cinemark movie theaters in Draper. Jordan School District spokeswoman Sandy Riesgraf said the 17-year-old graduated early from Riverton High School.
Meagan Grunwald is charged with aggravated murder, two counts of felony discharge of a firearm with serious bodily injury, two counts of attempted aggravated murder, and aggravated robbery, all first-degree felonies. She is also charged with two counts of obstructing justice, a second-degree felony; two counts of felony discharge of a firearm, possession or use of a controlled substance, and failure to respond to an officer's signal to stop, all third-degree felonies; plus criminal mischief, a class A misdemeanor; and violation of operator duties for accident involving property damage, a class B misdemeanor.
Prosecutors also filed alternative charges of murder, a first-degree felony; and two counts of attempted murder, a first-degree felony, in case the aggravated elements of those three charges are not met.
Utah State Courts spokeswoman Nancy Volmer said Meagan Grunwald has a "limited" history in 3rd District Juvenile Court and no criminal history in other courts.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 55
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 37
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 12