SALT LAKE CITY — The David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah has created a new information systems certificate program.
The graduate certificate in information systems will require 18 credit hours of study from the David Eccles School of Business Operations and Information Systems department for completion, and there are no specific course requirements.
"The demand for technology-savvy business professionals is fueled by rapid advances in big data, mobile and cloud computing, information security, business intelligence and companies' reliance on accurate analytics," said Bradden Blair, program director for information systems at the U. "A graduate certificate in information systems will help professionals be better prepared for new opportunities that will arise in coming years. And for students studying other areas of business like finance, management or accounting, adding knowledge of cutting-edge technology will only enhance their value for future employers."
Students can choose a broad spectrum of coursework or specialize in areas like cyber security, business intelligence and analytics, product and process management, or software and systems architecture.
Students may start the program in fall, spring or summer, and courses are offered primarily in the evening to meet the needs of working professionals. The courses and faculty involved are shared with the U.'s Master of Science in Information Systems program.
For information, visit msis.business.utah.edu/page/graduate-certificate-information-systems.
- Scientists work toward storing digital...
- The shift in the way society values kindergarten
- USU student named to state Board of Regents
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Looking for a new job? Here is a way to...
- How to keep childcare employees from going...
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 23
- The shift in the way society values... 2
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2
- Looking for a new job? Here is a way to... 2
- Scientists work toward storing digital... 1
- How to keep childcare employees from... 1
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's... 1
- Latino youths gain leadership... 1