BYU golf: Cougar women's golf finishes in third at Jim West Challenge
Alexandra White tied in seventh place to lead the BYU women's golf team to a third place finish at the Jim West Challenge on Tuesday.
"We played very well today," BYU women's golf coach Carrie Roberts said. "We played in tough conditions, but the girls were resilient. It's always good to have our best score in the last round and we did a lot of good things, but we can get better."
The Cougars improved two places after finishing in fifth on Monday to complete the 15-team tournament at 64-over-par.
White finished at 11-over-par with two birdies in the final round, with her second-round score of 72 being a team best for the tournament. Lea Garner moved up 13 places and tied in 12th place at 16-over-par with four birdies in the third round.
Individual player Carly Oldroyd also tied for 57th place out of a total of 79 players.
West Coast Conference foe Gonzaga finished in first place at 26-over-par with tournament host Texas State trailing by eight strokes.
BYU will travel to Tarzana, Calif., for the Bruin Wave Invitational on March 3-4.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Randy Hollis: Finally, the state's 'Big Four'...
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 28
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 16
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 11