Children's products not always sent back during recalls
Products that aren’t made right or might offer safety issues are oftentimes called back by production companies. But when it comes to child products, things aren’t often sent back, according to USA Today.
About 10 percent of recalled products for children are sent back, according to a report examined by USA Today.
"The return rate of recalls is really abysmal," said Nancy Cowles, executive director of Chicago-based Kids in Danger, to USA Today. "The government makes announcements, but people don't hear about them or don't respond."
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance primed...
- 3 reasons you should crowdfund your business
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 46
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus... 2
- Want to see if your relationship will... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2