Half of America has more credit card debt than savings
Richard Drew, Associated Press
About half of the country has more credit card debt than savings, according to CBS News.
The survey — done by bankrate.com — said 51 percent of Americans can pay off their credit card debt with their savings, which is the lowest number since 2011, CBS News reported.
“This is a reflection of the stagnant incomes, long-term unemployment and high household expenses that are hampering the financial progress of many Americans,” said Greg McBride, the website’s chief financial analyst.
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 83
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 8
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations... 5
- Renovation Solutions: How to survive a... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Paying kids for good... 2
- Michelle Singletary: Short-term loans... 2
- Political polarization is a driving... 1