Half of America has more credit card debt than savings
Richard Drew, Associated Press
About half of the country has more credit card debt than savings, according to CBS News.
The survey — done by bankrate.com — said 51 percent of Americans can pay off their credit card debt with their savings, which is the lowest number since 2011, CBS News reported.
“This is a reflection of the stagnant incomes, long-term unemployment and high household expenses that are hampering the financial progress of many Americans,” said Greg McBride, the website’s chief financial analyst.
- What it takes to be middle class in each state
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of...
- Can a company really be altruistic?
- Why college matters more today than 20 years ago
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 17
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- US home sales bounced back in March,... 1
- Balancing act: Son's comment teaches a... 1
- Why college matters more today than 20... 1