Half of America has more credit card debt than savings
Richard Drew, Associated Press
About half of the country has more credit card debt than savings, according to CBS News.
The survey — done by bankrate.com — said 51 percent of Americans can pay off their credit card debt with their savings, which is the lowest number since 2011, CBS News reported.
“This is a reflection of the stagnant incomes, long-term unemployment and high household expenses that are hampering the financial progress of many Americans,” said Greg McBride, the website’s chief financial analyst.
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead guilty to...
- Young widows speak out about managing grief,...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- What do you really get for a $7,000 Tesla...
- These three countries offer insights into the...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 49
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 13
- Lease or buy: That's the (car) question 11
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 8
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Tipping is more than just a kind... 5
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3