American Cancer Society, Associated Press
The New York Times reported that a massive series of studies — which included 90,000 women over the last 25 years — showed “the death rates from breast cancer and from all causes were the same in women who got mammograms and those who did not.”
The study was published in The British Medical Journal and tried to find if there was any different between those who got mammograms and those who didn’t.
“It will make women uncomfortable, and they should be uncomfortable,” said Russell P. Harris, professor of medicine at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. “The decision to have a mammogram should not be a slam dunk.”
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone use
- Do you want faith with that? New...
- Plague outbreak kills 40 people in Madagascar
- Devastating diagnosis leads to amazing...
- Lose weight with realistic goals
- Police hope new autism roster will help them...
- Agency: School system helped Adam Lanza's mom...
- Believers struggle to make sense of salvation...
- McKinsey report says obesity costs hit... 6
- Do you want faith with that? New... 4
- Right-to-die advocate's video out after... 3
- NBA's Adam Silver sends message on... 3
- Agency: School system helped Adam... 3
- Devastating diagnosis leads to amazing... 3
- Brittany Maynard's mom blasts Vatican... 2
- House GOP sues administration over... 1