COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A woman was arrested Saturday after police say she was driving drunk with two children in the car and then collided with a parked vehicle.
About 8 p.m., police received reports from two witnesses in Cottonwood Heights who said they saw a woman driving erratically, possibly due to the influence of alcohol or drugs, or because of a medical emergency, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
One witness observed the woman strike a parked vehicle and continue driving, Young said. The witness followed the woman until she pulled into a driveway near 2400 East and Bengal Boulevard.
Two children, ages 2 and 5, were in the vehicle at the time but no one suffered any injuries, Young said.
Trina Armijo, 25, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of DUI with a passenger under 16 in the vehicle, driving without a licence and without insurance, and possession of a controlled substance.
The children were being cared for by a neighbor until the Division of Child and Family Services becomes involved, Young said.
"We always appreciate the public's support by calling in and giving us tips," he said. "We always want to have a good relationship with the community, and if they see something that doesn't look right ... we always encourage phone calls."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Utah defends busting theater for serving...
- Lawyers for victim in teacher sex case...
- Polynesians refused service at Utah bar...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- National conservative group backs... 15