COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A woman was arrested Saturday after police say she was driving drunk with two children in the car and then collided with a parked vehicle.
About 8 p.m., police received reports from two witnesses in Cottonwood Heights who said they saw a woman driving erratically, possibly due to the influence of alcohol or drugs, or because of a medical emergency, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
One witness observed the woman strike a parked vehicle and continue driving, Young said. The witness followed the woman until she pulled into a driveway near 2400 East and Bengal Boulevard.
Two children, ages 2 and 5, were in the vehicle at the time but no one suffered any injuries, Young said.
Trina Armijo, 25, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of DUI with a passenger under 16 in the vehicle, driving without a licence and without insurance, and possession of a controlled substance.
The children were being cared for by a neighbor until the Division of Child and Family Services becomes involved, Young said.
"We always appreciate the public's support by calling in and giving us tips," he said. "We always want to have a good relationship with the community, and if they see something that doesn't look right ... we always encourage phone calls."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 34
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 33
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 23
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20