COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A woman was arrested Saturday after police say she was driving drunk with two children in the car and then collided with a parked vehicle.
About 8 p.m., police received reports from two witnesses in Cottonwood Heights who said they saw a woman driving erratically, possibly due to the influence of alcohol or drugs, or because of a medical emergency, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
One witness observed the woman strike a parked vehicle and continue driving, Young said. The witness followed the woman until she pulled into a driveway near 2400 East and Bengal Boulevard.
Two children, ages 2 and 5, were in the vehicle at the time but no one suffered any injuries, Young said.
Trina Armijo, 25, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of DUI with a passenger under 16 in the vehicle, driving without a licence and without insurance, and possession of a controlled substance.
The children were being cared for by a neighbor until the Division of Child and Family Services becomes involved, Young said.
"We always appreciate the public's support by calling in and giving us tips," he said. "We always want to have a good relationship with the community, and if they see something that doesn't look right ... we always encourage phone calls."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17