COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A woman was arrested Saturday after police say she was driving drunk with two children in the car and then collided with a parked vehicle.
About 8 p.m., police received reports from two witnesses in Cottonwood Heights who said they saw a woman driving erratically, possibly due to the influence of alcohol or drugs, or because of a medical emergency, said Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. Gary Young.
One witness observed the woman strike a parked vehicle and continue driving, Young said. The witness followed the woman until she pulled into a driveway near 2400 East and Bengal Boulevard.
Two children, ages 2 and 5, were in the vehicle at the time but no one suffered any injuries, Young said.
Trina Armijo, 25, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of DUI with a passenger under 16 in the vehicle, driving without a licence and without insurance, and possession of a controlled substance.
The children were being cared for by a neighbor until the Division of Child and Family Services becomes involved, Young said.
"We always appreciate the public's support by calling in and giving us tips," he said. "We always want to have a good relationship with the community, and if they see something that doesn't look right ... we always encourage phone calls."
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10