Record-breaking Utah Grizzlies return home for day game after 9-game road trip
WEST VALLEY CITY — The last time the Utah Grizzlies were on their home ice, they shattered a 1994-95 record by producing an 11-game unbeaten streak at the Maverik Center.
What have the Grizzlies been up to since their last home game?
They have continued to be the hottest team in the ECHL by winning on the road — yes, on the road. The Grizzlies finished up a nine-game road trip last week with a record of 6-2-0-1.
During the early part of the season, the Grizzlies were great at home but struggled on the road. Since Christmas break, however, this Grizzlies team has turned things around to climb just a game away from the third-place seed in the Western Conference standings by collecting 13 of 18 points for a .722 winning percentage.
During their recent road trip, the Grizzlies made stops in Bakersfield (2-0), Idaho (0-1), Las Vegas (2-0), Ontario (0-0-0-1, shootout loss), Colorado (2-0, both in shootouts) and finally, Stockton (0-1).
Recently, the Grizzlies had not one, but both of their goalies — Igor Bobkov and Aaron Dell — receive recognition for their play in the net. Bobvok received goalie of the week, while Dell was honored as goalie of the month.
Utah's D.J. Jelitto even made a push at the ECHL player of the month, but finished second in the running.
The Grizzlies start a three-game homestand starting on Monday, with the puck dropping at 1:30 p.m. as the Grizzlies take on the Steelheads from Idaho for a Presidents Day match in Utah.
Follow David Winkworth on Twitter @RealDavidVito and listen to his podcast at sportsathome.webs.com for news and notes on the sporting world.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 33
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 26