The Stockton Thunder (24-20-0-5) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (24-18-3-5), 1-0, on Saturday night at Stockton Arena as the Grizzlies ended their season-long nine-game road trip at 6-2-0-1.
Utah goaltender Aaron Dell (14-5-0-2) stopped 26 of 27 shots, and Utah’s penalty-kill went 7-7 against Stockton’s top ranked ECHL power-play as the Grizzlies completed seven games in 11 nights in five different cities.
Stockton scored the lone goal in the contest with 2:32 left in the second period as Dell made a save on a screened shot that then careened in front for Stockton to tap in.
Utah had some close near misses in the final three minutes as it looked to come from behind in the third period for the third time in the last four road games before a packed Stockton Arena crowd.
The Grizzlies return home Monday for a 1:35 p.m. start time for Maverik Monday on President’s Day.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21