The Stockton Thunder (24-20-0-5) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (24-18-3-5), 1-0, on Saturday night at Stockton Arena as the Grizzlies ended their season-long nine-game road trip at 6-2-0-1.
Utah goaltender Aaron Dell (14-5-0-2) stopped 26 of 27 shots, and Utah’s penalty-kill went 7-7 against Stockton’s top ranked ECHL power-play as the Grizzlies completed seven games in 11 nights in five different cities.
Stockton scored the lone goal in the contest with 2:32 left in the second period as Dell made a save on a screened shot that then careened in front for Stockton to tap in.
Utah had some close near misses in the final three minutes as it looked to come from behind in the third period for the third time in the last four road games before a packed Stockton Arena crowd.
The Grizzlies return home Monday for a 1:35 p.m. start time for Maverik Monday on President’s Day.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18