Park City's Sarah Hendrickson may have missed out on a medal but she snagged the most romantic Valentine
Darron Cummings, Associated Press
SOCHI, Russia — Jason Brown is only 19 years old but he certainly knows how to impress the ladies.
Brown, a figure skater, used Twitter to make his affection known for Park City's Sarah Hendrickson.
The Highland Park, Illinois native, who happens to be the same age as the ski jumper, drew his Valentine request on a white board.
“Sarah Hendrickson, will you be my Olympic Valentine?” he wrote in a red heart.
A lot of ooh-ing and aw-ing took place in response to the gesture before Hendrickson saw it and answered in the affirmative.
“How am I so lucky to be the lucky girl?” she tweeted back at Brown, who finished ninth in his Olympic debut. “I would be honored.”
And four hours later, Brown responded with flattery and joy.
“My day is made!” he tweeted. “Olympic experience complete!”
Twitter: adonsports EMAIL: email@example.com
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 94
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 25
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21