Park City's Sarah Hendrickson may have missed out on a medal but she snagged the most romantic Valentine
Darron Cummings, Associated Press
SOCHI, Russia — Jason Brown is only 19 years old but he certainly knows how to impress the ladies.
Brown, a figure skater, used Twitter to make his affection known for Park City's Sarah Hendrickson.
The Highland Park, Illinois native, who happens to be the same age as the ski jumper, drew his Valentine request on a white board.
“Sarah Hendrickson, will you be my Olympic Valentine?” he wrote in a red heart.
A lot of ooh-ing and aw-ing took place in response to the gesture before Hendrickson saw it and answered in the affirmative.
“How am I so lucky to be the lucky girl?” she tweeted back at Brown, who finished ninth in his Olympic debut. “I would be honored.”
And four hours later, Brown responded with flattery and joy.
“My day is made!” he tweeted. “Olympic experience complete!”
Twitter: adonsports EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26