Park City's Sarah Hendrickson may have missed out on a medal but she snagged the most romantic Valentine
Darron Cummings, Associated Press
SOCHI, Russia — Jason Brown is only 19 years old but he certainly knows how to impress the ladies.
Brown, a figure skater, used Twitter to make his affection known for Park City's Sarah Hendrickson.
The Highland Park, Illinois native, who happens to be the same age as the ski jumper, drew his Valentine request on a white board.
“Sarah Hendrickson, will you be my Olympic Valentine?” he wrote in a red heart.
A lot of ooh-ing and aw-ing took place in response to the gesture before Hendrickson saw it and answered in the affirmative.
“How am I so lucky to be the lucky girl?” she tweeted back at Brown, who finished ninth in his Olympic debut. “I would be honored.”
And four hours later, Brown responded with flattery and joy.
“My day is made!” he tweeted. “Olympic experience complete!”
Twitter: adonsports EMAIL: email@example.com
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to...
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to make...
- Ranking the best shooting guards in the NBA...
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets new...
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out for...
- Utah Jazz face decision of pursuing free...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 70
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 70
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 35
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 25
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws... 13
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 13