Park City's Sarah Hendrickson may have missed out on a medal but she snagged the most romantic Valentine
Darron Cummings, Associated Press
SOCHI, Russia — Jason Brown is only 19 years old but he certainly knows how to impress the ladies.
Brown, a figure skater, used Twitter to make his affection known for Park City's Sarah Hendrickson.
The Highland Park, Illinois native, who happens to be the same age as the ski jumper, drew his Valentine request on a white board.
“Sarah Hendrickson, will you be my Olympic Valentine?” he wrote in a red heart.
A lot of ooh-ing and aw-ing took place in response to the gesture before Hendrickson saw it and answered in the affirmative.
“How am I so lucky to be the lucky girl?” she tweeted back at Brown, who finished ninth in his Olympic debut. “I would be honored.”
And four hours later, Brown responded with flattery and joy.
“My day is made!” he tweeted. “Olympic experience complete!”
Twitter: adonsports EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 112
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8