Although we hear disclaimers on the TV about prescription drugs, which on the surface seem innocuous, there are no such warnings given to people considering enlisting in the all volunteer U.S. Army.
President Obama recently brushed aside the implications of the injured soldier Cory Remsburg who served in 10 deployments in Afghanistan.
I bet that a lot of recent veterans would love to have a time machine to undo the damages that they unwittingly and unknowingly subjected themselves to. I say that any prospective soldier should be forced to watch a realistic video showing them the true risks they are about to undertake. Perhaps then our leaders would not be able to send them out to needless conflicts.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 54
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 42
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 27
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18