Although we hear disclaimers on the TV about prescription drugs, which on the surface seem innocuous, there are no such warnings given to people considering enlisting in the all volunteer U.S. Army.
President Obama recently brushed aside the implications of the injured soldier Cory Remsburg who served in 10 deployments in Afghanistan.
I bet that a lot of recent veterans would love to have a time machine to undo the damages that they unwittingly and unknowingly subjected themselves to. I say that any prospective soldier should be forced to watch a realistic video showing them the true risks they are about to undertake. Perhaps then our leaders would not be able to send them out to needless conflicts.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 31
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 15