Although we hear disclaimers on the TV about prescription drugs, which on the surface seem innocuous, there are no such warnings given to people considering enlisting in the all volunteer U.S. Army.
President Obama recently brushed aside the implications of the injured soldier Cory Remsburg who served in 10 deployments in Afghanistan.
I bet that a lot of recent veterans would love to have a time machine to undo the damages that they unwittingly and unknowingly subjected themselves to. I say that any prospective soldier should be forced to watch a realistic video showing them the true risks they are about to undertake. Perhaps then our leaders would not be able to send them out to needless conflicts.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36