Although we hear disclaimers on the TV about prescription drugs, which on the surface seem innocuous, there are no such warnings given to people considering enlisting in the all volunteer U.S. Army.
President Obama recently brushed aside the implications of the injured soldier Cory Remsburg who served in 10 deployments in Afghanistan.
I bet that a lot of recent veterans would love to have a time machine to undo the damages that they unwittingly and unknowingly subjected themselves to. I say that any prospective soldier should be forced to watch a realistic video showing them the true risks they are about to undertake. Perhaps then our leaders would not be able to send them out to needless conflicts.
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- Letter: Greater security
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil drilling
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith may be...
- Letter: Our French Revolution
- Letter: Kill off expansion
- Jay Evensen: Here's why we should fear...