Although we hear disclaimers on the TV about prescription drugs, which on the surface seem innocuous, there are no such warnings given to people considering enlisting in the all volunteer U.S. Army.
President Obama recently brushed aside the implications of the injured soldier Cory Remsburg who served in 10 deployments in Afghanistan.
I bet that a lot of recent veterans would love to have a time machine to undo the damages that they unwittingly and unknowingly subjected themselves to. I say that any prospective soldier should be forced to watch a realistic video showing them the true risks they are about to undertake. Perhaps then our leaders would not be able to send them out to needless conflicts.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18