Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SANDY — A woman wasn't surprised that her daredevil boyfriend was in the hospital, but she received the best surprise of her life when she went to see him.
Colton BrockBank, a local extreme snowboarder and wakeboarder, he has spent quite a bit of time in emergency rooms. That's where he went on Valentine's Day, and his girlfriend, Taylor Nahoolewa, was called to go and see him.
She's been a frequent visitor to her beau in that setting, but on Friday she became his fiancee, as Brockbank faked the injuries so he could propose to her in the hospital.
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy with...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Where to see dinosaurs in Utah
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Excerpt from 'The...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 11
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4