Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
It’s not just the East Coast getting slammed by the snow and wintry weather, but retail sales, too. Reuters recently reported that retails sales in the United States dropped because of the chilly weather. And, Reuters said, jobless claims have increased as well because of the cold conditions.
"Today's data unequivocally show that the unusually cold winter weather is weighing on economic activity. Consumer spending has literally frozen," said Harm Bandholz, chief economist at UniCredit Research in New York, to Reuters.
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- 10 closing costs you may not expect —...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 13
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Is preschool worth the money? 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 3