Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
It’s not just the East Coast getting slammed by the snow and wintry weather, but retail sales, too. Reuters recently reported that retails sales in the United States dropped because of the chilly weather. And, Reuters said, jobless claims have increased as well because of the cold conditions.
"Today's data unequivocally show that the unusually cold winter weather is weighing on economic activity. Consumer spending has literally frozen," said Harm Bandholz, chief economist at UniCredit Research in New York, to Reuters.
- The cost of child care trumps rent —...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance primed...
- 3 reasons you should crowdfund your business
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 46
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- The cost of child care trumps rent... 3
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus... 2
- Want to see if your relationship will... 2
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending 2