Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
It’s not just the East Coast getting slammed by the snow and wintry weather, but retail sales, too. Reuters recently reported that retails sales in the United States dropped because of the chilly weather. And, Reuters said, jobless claims have increased as well because of the cold conditions.
"Today's data unequivocally show that the unusually cold winter weather is weighing on economic activity. Consumer spending has literally frozen," said Harm Bandholz, chief economist at UniCredit Research in New York, to Reuters.
- The 20 best cities to live in for first-time...
- How to eat on just $4 a day
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Vet who simulates homelessness for a month...
- 5 qualities of successful mompreneurs
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 11
- Food stamp use shows continued... 9
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- How to eat on just $4 a day 4