LDS Church announces international members for Young Women general board
Last week, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that additional members from across the globe would be added to the Young Women general board, and today nine members were announced on the Mormon Newsroom website.
The board is composed of women from Africa, Brazil, Japan, Peru, New York City and Utah. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, explained that communication occur through regular teleconferences.
"I think it is a great opportunity for Latin American women to share their experiences, challenges, strengths, hopes and testimonies more directly with the board," new board member Sister Carmela M. de Hooker said. "I would like to express my deepest gratitude for this new calling."
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5