LDS Church announces international members for Young Women general board
Last week, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that additional members from across the globe would be added to the Young Women general board, and today nine members were announced on the Mormon Newsroom website.
The board is composed of women from Africa, Brazil, Japan, Peru, New York City and Utah. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, explained that communication occur through regular teleconferences.
"I think it is a great opportunity for Latin American women to share their experiences, challenges, strengths, hopes and testimonies more directly with the board," new board member Sister Carmela M. de Hooker said. "I would like to express my deepest gratitude for this new calling."
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S.
- David Archuleta says ‘most fulfilling...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 66
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 20
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 6
- ... 4