LDS Church announces international members for Young Women general board
Last week, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that additional members from across the globe would be added to the Young Women general board, and today nine members were announced on the Mormon Newsroom website.
The board is composed of women from Africa, Brazil, Japan, Peru, New York City and Utah. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, explained that communication occur through regular teleconferences.
"I think it is a great opportunity for Latin American women to share their experiences, challenges, strengths, hopes and testimonies more directly with the board," new board member Sister Carmela M. de Hooker said. "I would like to express my deepest gratitude for this new calling."
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4
- Over half a million people attended... 4