LDS Church announces international members for Young Women general board
Last week, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that additional members from across the globe would be added to the Young Women general board, and today nine members were announced on the Mormon Newsroom website.
The board is composed of women from Africa, Brazil, Japan, Peru, New York City and Utah. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, explained that communication occur through regular teleconferences.
"I think it is a great opportunity for Latin American women to share their experiences, challenges, strengths, hopes and testimonies more directly with the board," new board member Sister Carmela M. de Hooker said. "I would like to express my deepest gratitude for this new calling."
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Days of '47 Parade: 'Pioneers: Inspiring...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 20
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12