LDS Church announces international members for Young Women general board
Last week, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced that additional members from across the globe would be added to the Young Women general board, and today nine members were announced on the Mormon Newsroom website.
The board is composed of women from Africa, Brazil, Japan, Peru, New York City and Utah. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, explained that communication occur through regular teleconferences.
"I think it is a great opportunity for Latin American women to share their experiences, challenges, strengths, hopes and testimonies more directly with the board," new board member Sister Carmela M. de Hooker said. "I would like to express my deepest gratitude for this new calling."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 171
- Why I don’t call myself a... 94
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 64
- General Women's Session focuses on... 29
- State bills to protect religious... 21
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 13
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8