$1 million in taxes should equal 1 million votes, says billionaire
Ben Margot, ASSOCIATED PRESS
A billionaire put it pretty simply: If you’re paying $1 million in tax money, then you probably should get 1 million votes.
That billionaire is Tom Perkins, a tech industry leader, who was recently under fire for a letter he sent to the Wall Street Journal. He wasn’t joking about his comment either, as he said that the 1 percent of America is contributing in ways that much of the country doesn’t understand, according to Mother Jones.
"You don't get to vote unless you pay $1 in taxes,” Perkins said, according to Mother Jones. “If you pay $1 million in taxes, you get a million votes.”
- A solution to paying that medical bill you...
- Navy vet says the effects of this are like...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Restaurants experimenting with pay-in-advance...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- How depression threatens financial well-being
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 14
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Food stamp use shows continued... 7
- Want to increase attraction in your... 7
- Why you should still pack a school... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- A solution to paying that medical bill... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4